By Étienne Garbugli | November 2, 2016 | 0 Comment
A Short Bio.
Hey, I’m Étienne. I work at the intersection of Tech, Product Design and Marketing. I’m a two-time Startup Founder (Flagback and HireVoice), a four-time entrepreneur and a UX research expert. I love Lean, Agile, Customer Development and I specialize in B2B.
In 2014, I published the book Lean B2B: Build Products Businesses Want. The Lean B2B methodology helps thousands of entrepreneurs and innovators around the world build successful businesses; the Venturetec accelerator program uses the methodology.
My presentation 26 Time Management Hacks I Wish I’d Known at 20 was viewed by more than 20 million people around the world.
I grew up near Montreal, Canada. Studied communications and Marketing. I built my first Website in 1998; it was a Geocities bass tablature Website. I founded 4 businesses. I have more than 12 years of experience in UX with highlights working as lead on a $40 million flight reservation system for Aeroplan and defining Concordia University’s first-ever Intranet. I lived in Beijing, Hong Kong and Singapore. I’m currently travelling the world.
In 2015, I looked something like this:
11 things about me. Most of them being true.
- Everything I own fits in a (big) room.
- I learn chinese for the pleasure of learning.
- I plan to do a round-the-world trip someday (That’s my plan for 2017).
- I actually like Powerpoint. Honest.
- I don’t have a car. I don’t plan on buying one.
- I know an awful lot about hockey. It’s something I missed when I was living in Asia.
- My goal in life is to make a dent in the universe.
- I’m a huge procrastinator but, I’m always on time.
- I’ve had 3 knee surgeries (same knee) in the last 4 years. I can finally restart playing hockey.
- In a previous life, I played a lot of music and wrote soundtracks for movies. I was good at it.
- I love meeting new people. I’m a good networker.
In the Media
- In September 2012, the National Post wrote an article on my entrepreneurial experiences following my popular HireVoice post-mortem.
- In April 2013, my presentation 26 Time Management Hacks I wish I’d known at 20 received well over 900k views on Slideshare. Business Insider, Reddit and Lifehacker picked up the story bringing viewership well over 6 million people.
- In May 2013, I was interviewed for the Visual Studio Talk Show (French). We exchanged ideas on user experience, agility, product design and I shared a few life stories and insights.
- In May 2013, following the success of my time management presentation, I was interviewed for the SlideShare blog.
- In December 2013, my presentation 26 Time Management Hacks I wish I’d known at 20 was voted Most Liked presentation of 2013 by SlideShare. It was included in their Zeitgeist.
- In July 2014, I was featured on Business Insider for 13 Successful Entrepreneurs Share Their Favorite Piece Of Advice.
- In January 2015, the followup to my very popular SlideShare presentation was featured on the SlideShare Blog, Business Insider and the Financial Post. The presentation, and the associated Kickstarter campaign, inspired this analysis (French).